[Advaita-l] Whether darkness is bhava - Vivarana Prameya Samgraha of Shri Vidyaranya

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu May 9 07:55:17 EDT 2019

8. Energy is spread all around in space. Matter itself is another form of energy. Energy is quantized as photons of different wavelengths. Just because they are not in visible spectrum or just because they are not falling on our eyes -- it does not mean that there is some positive stuff outside.

praNAms Sri Shekhar prabhuji
Hare Krishna

As you & others have already confirmed, in this prakaraNa,  there is no dArshtAntika as such in this discussion, so my doubt is, do we really have to scratch our heads like this if it is purely a topic about getting rid of the darkness!!??  Whether darkness is positive entity like chairs & tables or it is purely absence of prakAsha hardly matters when we want to have light to efface  the darkness is it not 😊  OTOH, if the attempt here in this context is to prove that avidyA is like darkness and it is a bhAva rUpa, a positive entity like chairs and tables then we have to deeply discuss the consequences of accepting avidyA as a solid positive entity and vidyA's role in eradicating this positively existing thing called 'avidyA'.  Please correct me if I am erred in reading the context here.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar