[Advaita-l] Was Bhishma ashamed of speaking of the glories and 1000 names of Shiva?

KAMESWARARAO MULA kamesh_ccmb at yahoo.co.in
Mon May 27 00:02:15 EDT 2019

Dear Sir,              The contradictions & superiority of Vaishnavism over shivates exists since begining. Although Bhisma is a self-realized soul he praised Vishnu with 1000 names on 'ampasayya' (arrow-bed) in the battle of mahabharata. He never said Vishnu superior than siva. Since he got the viswarupadarshanam, so he praised vishnu with 1000 names.
But after that, most of the vishnavates  started interpreting this in a different way so that they can buy their time.
I heard several times one of the vishnava guru (swamy) always speaks the superiority of his cult, who bothers it?, we should speak truth rather than indulging unnecessary differences  so that we could able to reach the 'Brahmma Padam'.
This is of purely of my personal opinion & individuals may differ.
SriGuru Padaravindarpana MastuKameswara