[Advaita-l] GRUHASTA DHARMA

KAMESWARARAO MULA kamesh_ccmb at yahoo.co.in
Thu May 30 21:30:04 EDT 2019

Dear Members,                          An Ideal House holder should raise the family, worship the guests and should become detached from the duties of the family after the job is completed.  Today speaking tree's article gives the essence of the same in a different way which I would like to discuss here. Although Sanatana Dharma is Sanatana only and it doesn't change with time, but the life style of the peoples is changing with the rise of Kali prabhava and rotation of the time. We are not able to perform many things which we did some 40-50 years back.
We should become the Trustees of the house rather than the owners of the house and this will make any body positive detachment while performing your duty and rest will take care on its own. As per the Bhagawata puranam, the ideal spiritual seekers after brahmacharya  must live like a guest in  his own house. As the Brahmacharya has already paved the way to the seeker for the pursuit of brahman and after that we are becoming pathless in the later ashram being the owners.
            Living like a guest in your home doest not mean that we are irresponsible to the family. This can be explained by the essence of advaita-vedanta. The shelter in which we live is a gift from the elders which some times brought the pride by claiming the ownership as the ego dominates.  Giving little deeper thoughts to this, being the guest we will eat what is being served and drop the choices without any priorities. Then we will make an habit of not controlling anybody, not coming in anybody's way and giving space to other by regulating our own thoughts. We should never give any un-waranted advices to any one whom you meet in any matters with honesty without any vested interests.
By doing this The Gruhasta will not leave the path of search towards brahman by developing duty minded vairagya leads to detachment which in turn make the path towards liberation.
Source; TIMES, Speaking TreePls contribute any comments/views on this concept from the learned members

Sri Guru Padaravindarpana MastuKameswara