[Advaita-l] NirviSheSha Brahman

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 10:45:45 EST 2019

Namaste

If we want to separate something say a bird from rest of creation we will
give the separating Viseshas. It has wings and flies and lives in a nest in
a tree and so on.

But for Brahman we cannot separate it from Creation at all. Why? Sarvam
Khalvidam Brahma. Brahman is everything in the world. It cannot be
separated from the other objects in the world. Therefore there are no
Viseshas for Brahman. It is Nirvisesha.

On Wed, Nov 6, 2019 at 9:04 PM Sudhanshu Shekhar via Advaita-l <

> Hari Om,
>
> What exactly is intended by BhAshyakAra by the word niviSheSha? What would
> be its definition?
>
> Regards.
> Sudhanshu.

-Venkatesh