[Advaita-l] NirviSheSha Brahman

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Nov 7 03:04:52 EST 2019

Can we say that: If we keep our mind as Gold (without adulteration), we can reach Brahmman?
Simply how to become thought less mind? (thoughts have to come & go and they should not disturb the mind)

praNAms
Hare Krishna

Science and Maths were always been unknown territory for me even in my school days 😊 Coming back to vedAnta, shAstra recommends certain ways to clean-up mind (chitta shuddhi), the purified mind with the help of AcharyOpadesha would act as a tool to have 'Atma darshana' (shama damAdhi susamskruta mana Atma darshane karaNaM).  The very first sUtra in vedAnta sUtra elaborates this point, amanaska yOga in kArika also would throw more light on this.  Thoughtless mind (nirvikalpa mana as attained in nirvikalpa samAdhi / when there is no thoughts mind itself is not there because without thoughts there is no existence for mind says ramaNa somewhere ) and controlling the thoughts (chitta vrutti nirOdha) are not the 'direct means' mind with viveka / jnana earned through shravaNAdi sAdhana loses its independent existence becomes Atman says kArika.  When mind become parishuddha with the sAdhana the mind realizes that there is no question of reaching the brahman because there is no one in bondage, no one who makes an effort to get free, no one is longing for release and none that has become free...and that is the absolute and ultimate truth 😊

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar