[Advaita-l] bhagavAn rAmachandra worshipped shiva

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 22:32:32 EST 2019

श्रीगोस्वमी तुलसीदासकृतहनूमानचालीसाग्रन्थे //शंकर सुवन केसरी नंदन तेज
प्रताप महा जग बंदन //
Goswami Tulasidas in Hanuman Chalisa says: Hanuman is Shankara's son.
Ramanandi Sect in the North India, said to be the largest Vaishnava
denomination, who are followers of Sri Ramanuja, regard Tulasidas very
highly and also accept Hanuman to be Rudra amsha avatara.
अन्यत्राप्येवं दृश्यते - Chapter 8 Kedarakhanda- Maheshwara Khanda of
Skanda Mahapurana mentions Hanuman as avatar of Nandi . But Nandi is again
partial avatar of Shiva which indirectly makes hanuman as avatar of Shiva.
Nandi, the son of Silada, who was a favourite follower of Siva, incarnated
as the great monkey Hanuman for rendering assistance to Visnu of unmeasured
splendour.

regards
subbu