[Advaita-l] One only needs a trigger...

KAMESWARARAO MULA kamesh_ccmb at yahoo.co.in
Tue Nov 26 06:58:19 EST 2019

 We too, the laukika-s, after listening to inspiration stories like this,  all of a sudden become mahA yOgi-s and parama vairAgi-s like a flash in a pan..but what lasts long is mundane excuses for not doing this on a regular basis with required shraddhA.  I don’t know about real and sincere vedAnta sAdhaka-s and their untainted interest in nitya karmAnushTAna, just sharing my own personal experience.

In reality this scenario is happening now a days as some word triggers from known personality people's attitude is rush to that for few days in hurry and after that for getting the actual thing even the original where we started our journey.

One examples which I would like to mention here is that my maternal grand father used to insist on me to do the mahdyanika sandhya along with morning sandhya before I used to go the school with my panchasikha (ofcourse I used to get lot of ragings due to the fact that my head is with pancha sikha's which they used to tease me like pilaka pantulu).

On one ocassion in one of the upanayana Karma in my village : There used to be 8-9 vatukas to have bhoajn along wit the upanayana vatuka who is going to have his thread ceremony which we call it as Nandi Bhojanam (very auspicious & great honor to be a part of that group). My grand father insisted all whoomsever present there should do the morning sandhaya  are only elgible to offer the blessing to the new vatuka which made everybody to realize their pitfalls brought a dramatic changes in their attitude and some of them even carry his words till now and performs the sandhya by his inspiring words.

Some times Triggering works to motivate the people.
Then comming back to our issue:
The question is how to keep ourselves motivated!!??

I am not exaggerating but truth is that since last 10 yrs I get up before the Brahmma Muhurtha (earlier 10 yrs I have never seen the sun even) and do the sandhya untill upsthanam , practice the regular chantings, japa and after the sunrise doing the upsthanam irrespective of the busy schedules/out of stations/weather/health conditions what ever may be the obstacles nothing stopped me from my abhyasa.

Motivation should come from the mind which makes the way to abhayasa and to take some tips or for smooth walk on this path one should listen to some discourse (which shouldn't saturate) e.g swami sukabhodananda who explain the things critically and give the solutions to all humanitarian problems.

Sri Guru Padaravindarpana Mastu
Kameswara