[Advaita-l] MARGASHIRSHA AMAVASYA

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Thu Nov 28 18:23:22 EST 2019

On Tue, 26 Nov 2019, Indrajeet Singh via Advaita-l wrote:

> Regarding the start of Satya Yuga, I believe Akshaya Navami is considered
> as Satya Yugadi start. Can anyone please clarify this.

Yes this is correct.  As to why Krishna Bhagavan considers Margashirasa to
be His svarupa, I gave my opinion on this in the list some time back.
For Shrautis, (those Brahmanas who still practice nitya agnihotra and
other Vedic yajnas) Agrahayaneshti on Margashirasa Purnima is the
beginning of the yearly cycle of naimittika yajnas.  As Vishnu Bhagavana
is the embodiment of yajna (Yagnapurusha or Yagnanarayana) it is fitting
that He should be Margashirasa amongst the months.