[Advaita-l] 'veda purusha' in bhAShya

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 23:06:15 EDT 2019

On Sat, Oct 5, 2019 at 12:13 AM Raghav Kumar Dwivedula via Advaita-l <

> Namaste
> There was a reference somewhere in upsniShad-bhAShya to the glory of a
> GYAnI being almost like the  'Veda purusha' i.e., Ishvara himself.
>
> A search online did not get me any results. I recollect it was in one of
> the 8 smaller Upanishad bhAshyas and in the introduction or sambandha to
> one of the adhyayas.
>
> If anyone recollects something similar, I request you to share it.

Raghav ji,

It is in the Paramahamsopanishad:

https://sanskritdocuments.org/doc_upanishhat/parama.html?lang=en-IN

 स एव  वेदपुरुषो महापुरुषो यस्तच्चित्तं मय्येवावतिष्ठते ।

This is cited almost at the end of the last chapter of the 'Jivanmukti
viveka' of Swami Vidyaranya.

*I did not get a ref. for this term in the prasthana traya bhashya. Maybe
the Vartika or Anandagiri or any other commentary has it. *

warm regards
subbu