[Advaita-l] Tamil way of fixing annual thithi is different from the rest of India?

KAMESWARARAO MULA kamesh_ccmb at yahoo.co.in
Mon Oct 14 17:33:34 EDT 2019

Dear Raghav kumar garu,                                          Yesterday, it was happened by chance to me to meet a tamil pandit on the occasion of Skanda shasti mahostava by end of this month and I put your query to him and here is the some authoritative answers which he gave to me.
My reply to follow lunar calendar is not correct as all tamils follow the solar calendar only for tithi purposes.
Example he gave is that : Even if the person died on vijay damask (in 2018, it fell on tamil month, aipasi shukla dasami), this year vijaya dasami is celebrated on the earlier tamil moth (which is the month parties shukla dasami) & as such their shraddha date will be 6th Nov, 2019 (shukla dasami of aipasi month) and he is learned pandit is tamil customs, looks some authoritative answer to be followed.
regards
Kameswara Rao

    On Monday, 14 October 2019 7:21:53 am IST, Raghav Kumar Dwivedula via Advaita-l <advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org> wrote:

 Thank you for the response Subbu ji and Kameswara Rao garu

On Sun, 13 Oct, 2019, 11:23 PM V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l, <