[Advaita-l] ICE CREAM AND ADVAITA DRUSHTI

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 07:57:34 EDT 2019

Namaste

I went to a shop to buy some provisions. The shop keeper was chatting with
me. He said in Nandini milk we buy they mix all types of milk like cow
milk, goat milk, sheep milk, buffalo milk and dog's milk also. We drink it
as Milk. The seller thinks all types of milk are the same. He is using
Advaita Tattwa. All milk is One.

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 3:45 PM Bhaskar YR via Advaita-l <

> praNAms
> Hare Krishna
>
> Just today I experienced this !!!  I usually all alone go for lunch to the
> office canteen late afternoon  so that I can avoid useless talks,  wear the
> earphones and listen to the vedic chants or discourses. My dept. colleagues
> in group who always go for lunch much earlier to me came back today to
> their seats, as usual, I just asked them about today’s menu.  They told ice
> cream and fruit salad, the special items served today apart from regular
> menu.  Once in a fortnight my office canteen will serve these special
> items.  When I went to canteen for lunch I noticed a big & unusual change
> in the  ice cream flavor and quantity being served in canteen.  Eversince I
> joined ABB, irrespective of changes in  canteen contracts, for  the past
> couple of decades we the employees,  invariably used to have only one
> flavor of ice cream that is butter scotch in  a fixed quantity 10ml cup 😊
>  but, to my surprise, today,  I got ice cream with vanilla flavor and
> comparatively in a bigger cup !!??  My colleagues are quite meticulous in
> noticing these conspicuous changes but today without briefing this ‘change’
> they simply said ‘ice cream’.  I asked them about this after coming back to
> my seat, one of my colleagues said in Kannadda :  yaava flavor aadre yenu
> ??  yellaa ice cream taane..(no matter which flavor it is, it is only ice
> cream) !!??  I am still wondering the depth of  Advaita jnana of my
> colleagues who hardly give any attention to nAma, rUpa and ruchi vikAra and
> highlighting the tattva part in ice cream 😊  I reckon Advaita jnana is
> quite intrinsic in our very nature as we are adviteeya 😊
>
> Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
> bhaskar

-Venkatesh