[Advaita-l] 'Buddha is not an Avatara of Vishnu'

KAMESWARARAO MULA kamesh_ccmb at yahoo.co.in
Thu Oct 24 01:49:03 EDT 2019

Dear Subramanian Ji,
                                      I have some inputs in this thread which goes like this.  We will not able to prove that 'Buddha in not an Avatara of Visnhu" as we had many references in our scripts which goes that Buddha is a part of avarata of Vinshnu only.

बुद्धिरूपा बुद्धभार्या बौद्धपाखण्डखण्डिनी ।
As the Bagala Asttotarana nama vali says that : Maa Peethamabara (in the form of VishnU Shakti) made khanda(part) for the welfare of Bauddha and  She here self resides in it. If she is a part of Bhauddha Khanda, then definetly Budhha should belongs to Vishnu amsa only (may not be avatara) and he could able to get enlightenment under the tree of lumbini vana which is gate way to VIshnu PADA Gaya only.   Poeple say that Gaya-Prayaga-Vararasi is in the (three dimensionally) shape of the Physical body of Lord Vishnu (Like the pose of Sesha Shayana) and here Sesha is GANGA.

More over Maa Mangala Gauri (siddhapeeth) is the presiding deity  in that 'Gaya Kshetra' and vishnu remain himself there as a guard to her restricting himself for the duty to protects the bauddha khanda.Other than that most of the Buddha Vajra Yodini's belongs to mother goddess who is the concert of vishnu.

Sri Guru Padaravindarpana Mastu

Kameswara

 On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 8:54 AM kuntimaddi sadananda <
kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Subbuji - PraNAms
>
> Everybody is an avatar of Vishnu - the very first name in the
> Vishnusahasranaamaavali is - viswam. The whole universe is Vishnu.

Pranams Sada ji,

Very nicely stated. Shankara says in the Brahma sutra bhashya 2.2.44:

Not just the four (Vasudeva, Sankarshana, Pradyumna and Aniruddha, the
entire universe from Brahmaa to the smallest creature, is the vyuuha,
manifestation, of Brahman as per the Veda.

न चैते भगवद्व्यूहाश्चतुःसंख्यायामेवावतिष्ठेरन् , ब्रह्मादिस्तम्बपर्यन्तस्य
समस्तस्यैव जगतो भगवद्व्यूहत्वावगमात् ॥ ४४ ॥

warm regards
subbu