[Advaita-l] Any good TV video for the culture/archaeology/history/philosophy of India

Ramesam Vemuri vemuri.ramesam at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 08:41:55 EDT 2020

Dear Shri Kartik Vashishta Ji,

I do not know the actual purpose for which you are asking for the
Audio-Video media on our history/culture etc.

Taking cue from the word "Bharatvarsh,"  in your mail, I would like to
submit as follows:

It is now coming to light more and more that the historiography of our
country, particularly with respect to the ancient times has been quite
distorted, wilfully misinterpreted and often shown to be inferior to the
philosophy and culture of the invaders who had been predominantly the
followers of the Abrahamic religions.

The dates of eminent personalities, cultural practices or scientific and
technological achievements of those times are all misrepresented, it seems
now, by the crop of historians responsible for recording and teaching the
Indian history.  The Aryan Invasion theory which we were all taught when we
were in schools has been debunked.

 I am afraid one has to view not with a grain but a fistful of salt any
Audio-videos prepared based on such text books on our history.

Therefore, if I may suggest, I request that the following Videos be watched:

1.  Indian civilization: The Untold Story
Link:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGyjvyXEKdc
2.  The Story Of Ancient India: From The Deep South To North - Pan India
Unity
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPiFQUk-B40

There are more such Videos at Srijan.

regards,

On Sat, Apr 4, 2020 at 11:29 PM Sudhakar Kabra via Advaita-l <