[Advaita-l] DSV of Sri Madhusudana Saraswati

Kuntimaddi Sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 26 11:46:55 EDT 2020

Chandramouliji - PraNAms
This may be related but back to the basics, which I know you may not agree with.

What I perceive is only the reflected dominant attributes as in the case of silveriness in the shell or partial attributes in the rope/snake case such as five feet long, coiled condition, lying on the alley, softness when stepped on, etc.
Hence the partial cognition involves - there is (an object) and the object with the above perceived attributes - Since the cognized attributes are not clear to distinguish between a rope and a snake - the cognition to recognition involves an error due to saadrusyam or similarities.
In the case of silveryness, the attribute of silver shining is dominant and since one has a value for silver, he makes an effort to pick it up. When he cognizes other attributes that indicate it is not silver but shell-silver his true perception is complete along with the negation of the real silver aspect.
All that glitters are not gold is a proverb due to the same reason. The famous Eureka story is another example.
Anyway, the point in the previous posts is abhaadhitatvam is essential to differentiate pramaa vs brahmaa.
Hari Om!
Sadananda