[Advaita-l] Fwd: {भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्} Aum in Buddhism

jaldhar at braincells.com jaldhar at braincells.com
Wed Apr 29 03:32:11 EDT 2020

On Mon, 27 Apr 2020, V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l wrote:

> [...]

Some time back on this list we discussed the Buddhist scholar Bhavya, who
is one of the earliest writers of any school to mention Vedanta.  While
the bulk of his works refute "heretic" (from his point of view) darshanas,
one part defends his brand of Mahayana from other Buddhists.  One of their
criticisms he says is that Mahayana is "prachanna Vedanta"!