[Advaita-l] Is empathy a function of ahamkara?

Kuntimaddi Sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 8 03:56:59 EDT 2020

    On Saturday, August 8, 2020, 12:39:05 PM GMT+5:30, V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l <advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org> wrote:

 On Sat, Aug 8, 2020 at 2:27 AM Venkatraghavan S via Advaita-l <

> The relationship between ahamkAra and mamakAra is not one of cause and
> effect.
>
> However, ahamkAra necessarily precedes mamakAra.

This is logical too in the sense that ahamkara is with respect to the
pancha koshas, where one has the 'I' idea.

PraNAms.

It can be other way also - This is my body to I am the body notion.

And we hear a lot in India - Do you know who I am?
This is all mine! Therefore I am great!
The more I have - the more I am!
Mamakaara to ahankaara.
In the ananda scale in Tai. Up. at each level, one has 100 times more than the lower guy. Therefore 'I am happy' notion arises.
Hari Om!
Sadananda