[Advaita-l] Abedha

Shrinivas Gadkari sgadkari2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 11 17:45:08 EDT 2020

Namaste Shri Srinath Vedagarbha,

What I have summarized is my understating - and very likely it is not
fully aligned with any standard school of thought. This is the understanding
that I have arrived at based on my study and contemplation until now.

 "identity+difference" that I am referring to:
One can use analogy of fire and spark here.
One can understand what fire (Ishvara) is by understanding spark (jIva),
Whatever tattva is in Ishvara same is to be found in jIva.
This is the similarity.

In Ishvara, each tattva is found it its grand state, in jIva it is in an attenuated state.
This is the (big) difference.

One falls down (hell) not based on what viewpoint one subscribes to but based on
what relationship one develops with Ishvara. jIva has to realize the supreme efforts
that Ishvara is continually putting in for the sake of jIva-s and the entire creation.
This realization should develop into gratitude and love. This is bhakti in its
pure form. With this form of bhakti in heart, hell is very difficult to attain.

Regards,
Shrinivas