[Advaita-l] Please clarify some terms for me.

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 12:18:52 EDT 2020

Namaste Soma Ji,

The only point I wanted to make was that DDV does not mention anywhere that
AvaraNa is of the mind.

In my view, DDV is not the ideal text for understanding these terms to
begin with. It is quite difficult and time consuming for me to explain.
However there are many simple and small texts which are of help in this
regard. I would recommend a study of Tattva Bodha of Sri Bhagavatpada or
Vedanta Sara of Sri Sadananda Yogi. There are many others as well. Vasudeva
Mananam is another one which I like. All of them are very readable and easy
to grasp.I would suggest that a reference could be made to any of them
first.

Please dont misunderstand me. It is only a suggestion. You are free to
disregard the same and proceed the way you feel is best for you. You are
the best judge. All the best.

Regards