[Advaita-l] Fwd: {भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्} couple of questions regarding "bramha satyam jagan-mithya"

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 06:00:41 EST 2020

Namaste.

Reg  << Here again, the idea is that the kAraNa,  Bhava rupa ajnana, is not
perceived in the world, as we see it. We do not see the world as 'ajnana'
but as something endowed with various objects. So, the statement Sastrigal
made in the speech/article, that jagat is 'ajnana vilakshanam' stands. It
is not kAraNa  salakshaNa. If it had been so, we would perceive 'ajnana' in
jagat. However, we do not see the world as 'ajnana' >>,

salakshaNa and vilakshaNa is with reference to the basic nature/svarUpa
namely jada (insentient)  and Chetana (sentient). Every object no doubt is
different from every other object. To call them vilakshaNa on that count
while talking of Sidhanta is to be very simplistic. A technical term like
vilakshaNa is perhaps not needed. The term vilakshaNa has a very specific
connotation in sidhAnta. Similarly kArya is nothing other than kAraNa is
the SidhAntic position.  It becomes untenable if kArya is also said to be
kAraNa vilakshaNa.

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>