[Advaita-l] Sariraka mimamsa nyaya sangraha book needed.

jaldhar at braincells.com jaldhar at braincells.com
Mon Dec 21 18:37:45 EST 2020

><On Fri, 18 Dec 2020, Venkateswaran Mahadevan via Advaita-l wrote:

> I've been looking for a book called "Sariraka mimamsa nyaya sangraha"
> preferably in English or at least the original Sanskrit version. It's
> written by prakashatma muni widely known as vivaranacharya.
> This work said to be a classic that deals with explaining the brahma sutram
> with nyaya (logic) in accordance with Adi shankaracharya's siddhanta.

I don't think it concerns logic per se.  It is a compendium of summaries
of the nyayas or adhikaranas in Sharirakabhashya similiar to the much more
widely-known Vaiyasika Nyayamala of Madhavacharya.  As such as far as I
can ascertain it has not been published separately but included in some
editions of the Brahmasutrabhashya.

Probably the most accessible one (though long since out of print) is
edited by Shri N.S. Anantakrishna Shastri in Calcutta Sanskrit Series Vol.
1.  (University of Calcutta, Calcutta 1941.)

Prakashatma Muni did write another work called Shabdanirnaya along with
vrtti which deals with aspects of logic, specifically Shabdapramana.  He
expands on arguments made in his Vivarana and defends the Advaita view
against primararily Mimamsakas.