[Advaita-l] Why did Brahman create the world?

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 03:43:19 EST 2020

Namaste Sudhanshuji,

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 2:38 PM Sudhanshu Shekhar via Advaita-l <

> Hari Om,
>
> Problem is that the questions etc implies some fluctuation, something
> happening.. that is against the principle of one homogeneous infinite
> entity.. creation etc we can keep aside.. but the fact of impugned
> question, discussion implies fluctuation, a vibration and that violates
> infiniteness of sole existence.

Not to open a can of worms again, so to say, but your post(s) came to mind
when I saw the following in Vivekachudamani tapering down to an end. :-)

अतस्तौ मायया कॢप्तौ बन्धमोक्षौ न चात्मनि
निष्कले निष्क्रिये शान्ते निरवद्ये निरञ्जने।
अद्वितीये परे तत्त्वे व्योमवत्कल्पना कुतः ॥ विवेकचूडामणौ ५७४ ॥

gurupAdukAbhyAm,
--Praveen R. Bhat
That owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */