[Advaita-l] Only a Vedantin can express these words of wisdom

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 00:03:44 EST 2020

Namaste

Yes Dvaita is fanatic but they are also followers of Dharma and Karmas like
Advaitis. There are small differences only  in Karmas like Upanayana,
Sandhyavandana and so on between Advaitis, Dvaitis and Visistadvaitis. They
are also vegetarians. They are fanatic at thought level but in conduct they
are not violent like Mlecchas.

A person following Sanatana Dharma and performing the Karmas of Dharma
cannot be violent and bloodthirsty.

This is the reason for why they cannot be violent like Islam and
Christians.

On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 9:14 AM Raghav Kumar Dwivedula via Advaita-l <

> Namaste Subbu ji
>
> That is indeed well-put. Advaita Vedanta fosters accommodating all human
> beings, even while objectively recognising the limitations in various
> theologies and belief systems.
>
> What is the reason for the following?
>
> The Indian dualism (like Sri Madhva's theology) is no less fanatical and
> theologically obsessed as non-Indian origin dualistic systems like Islam
> and Christianity. Yet the Indian dvaita systems (thankfully) do not have a
> bloody record of violence and persecution of fellow human beings purely due
> to their religious beliefs, the way bloodthirsty jihads and crusades have
> been the norm in Islam and Christianity? What is the cause of this almost
> bovine pacifism of Indian dualism in contrast to the carnivorous appetite
> of the predatory religions - although both these types are intellectually
> strongly sectarian?
>
> Om
> Raghav
>
> On Fri, 10 Jan, 2020, 8:17 AM V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l, <
>
> > "All religious conflicts and quarrels arise because a devotee is unable
> > disassociate his conception of God from a particular name and form."
> >
> > - Jagadguru Sri Chandrashekhara Bharati Mahaswamigal
> >
> > (Source: Thought of the Day - Sringeri Vidya Bharati Foundation, USA)
> >
> > The wisdom in the above message encapsulates the entire scriptural lore
> of
> > the Vaidika Sanatana Dharma.  None other than a Vedantin can grasp this
> and
> > express it in such a way. Theological/sectarian schools can never aim to
> > reach these sublime heights of the Vedantin.  Their lot is destined to
> > wallow in bigotry. We see only Advaita Acharyas express such thoughts
> that
> > can never be comprehended by those who do not belong to the path of the
> > Vedanta.
> >
> > Om Tat Sat
> >
> > For assistance, contact:
> > listmaster at advaita-vedanta.org