[Advaita-l] Advaita Siddhi: request for a clarification.

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 07:25:15 EDT 2020

Namaste Durga Ji,

You must have been following the thread initiated by you. My interest now
is purely academic and hence asking you this question.

I have explained in my post to श्रीमल्ललितालालितः what I understood from
your query in your first post in this thread. I am copying here the same
for ready reference
<<  Durga Ji had mentioned in his post under “A”  that

<< Whereas Brahman is capable
of being known by all sense organs. Thus even though Brahman has no form it
is capable of being known >>

Under “B”, it is stated that

<< The existence that is capable of being known through direct perception
is not contradictory to mithyAtva. (The corollary - The existence that is
contradictory to mithyAtva, is not perceptible.) >>.
From this I understood that Brahman is stated to be perceptible under A and
not perceptible under B. Hence the contradiction  >>.

I believe, based on the following copied from a post by श्रीमल्ललितालालितः
earlier today that he seems to have understood your query differently.

Copied from the post by  श्रीमल्ललितालालितः  << Actually, such a guess is
bad, since no one can deny that सत् is brahman,
that is one in vedAntasiddhAnta and the same is captured by every करण.
That's why I asked him to elaborate.
It is possible that the contradiction is not even clear to him or the base
of contradiction is wrong.
The contradiction which appears to us is different, which is according to
सत्त्वानिरुक्तिप्रकरण >>.

Can you please clarify which of these two correctly reflects your query. I
clarify that this is of academic interest to me and you need have no
hesitation in dismissing my interpretation as wrong if you feel so. No hard
feelings.

Regards

On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 1:15 AM Durga Prasad Janaswamy via Advaita-l <