[Advaita-l] Appaya dikshitha

Jonathan Duquette joduquette at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 04:44:51 EDT 2020

Hi Kaushik,

The works by Appaya that Vijayīndra refuted were Śivādvaita rather than
Advaita. Vijayīndra did not write rejoinders to Appaya's Nyāyarakṣāmaṇi,
Parimala or Siddhāntaleśasaṃgraha, the most important Advaita works of
Appaya. Instead, he wrote rejoinders to his Śivādvaita works, particularly
Appaya's Śivatattavaviveka, Śivakarṇāmṛta, etc. The reason is that these
works attacked to a large extent Vaiṣṇava positions on Vedānta, either
Mādhva (Vijayīndra was a Mādhva) or Śrīvaiṣṇava. I am not aware of any
specific reply to Vijayīndra's rejoinders.

Best wishes,

Jonathan

On Fri, 24 Jul 2020 at 09:30, Kaushik Chevendra via Advaita-l <