[Advaita-l] Fwd: Omnipresence

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 00:22:21 EDT 2020

Madhusudana Saraswati has specified three stages in the evolution of
Bhakti:  1. Tasayivaaham (I am His alone)  2. Mamaivaasau (He is mine
alone) and 3. Sa evaaham (I am He alone).  Thus in the last stage, the
devotee can't bear any difference from his beloved, Bhagavan.

In the Srimadbhagavatam is this famous verse:

आत्मारामाश्च मुनयो निर्ग्रन्था अप्युरूक्रमे। कुर्वन्त्यहैतुकीं
भक्तिमित्थंभूतगणो हरिः।।भागवत 1/6/19

There are those sages who are completely absorbed in the Atman and are free
of any bondage (free of any books).  Even such exalted ones are devoted to
Bhagavan for no reason whatsoever. Such is the magnetic nature of the Lord.

Of course a Jnani can engage in a bhakti with the 'bheda' bhava fully
conscious of it.  द्वैतं बन्धाय बोधात्प्राक्, बोधे सति पूजार्थं कल्पितं
द्वैतम् अद्वैतादपि सुन्दरम्  are said to be the words of Sri Madhusudana
Saraswati.

['dvaita', duality, is what bondage is, before ātmajnāna. However, when
there is realization, that duality that is imagined by the Jnani for the
purpose of pūjā, is a matter of revelry and surpasses even the beauty of
advaita.]

regards
subbu