[Advaita-l] Request for answers

Shiva P shivapalani1 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 12:40:24 EDT 2020

Namaskaram.

To whom do these questions arise? You spoke of "we" and "the senses", "the
mind", "the states". So it follows there is a relationship between "us", or
said subjectively, "me" / "you", and our senses, our mind, and our
transition between the states, that we are aware of.

There is a state of deep sleep ("turiya"), when we aren't aware of the
aforesaid body and it's senses, or the mind and it's thoughts, or even the
sense of our self (the "me" we associate with, the "ahamkara").

In that state there are no questions, no associations, and yet there was a
"you" sans any associations, which is there now too.  That is you ("tat
tvam asi"), the real you, the "atman", the eternal witness.

The "ahamkara" arises (and so does the entire universe arise), and so do
these questions we seek answers to too. The questions, the quest, and the
seeking is all the "ahamkara" (the intermediary between your body-mind, the
universe and you), looking for it's source, the "atman", the real you, for
the answer came before the question.

I hope this helps.  I don't consider myself a learned member, and I'm sure
there will be more erudite answers forthcoming.

Best wishes.

Shiva

On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 4:58 AM sreenivasa murthy via Advaita-l <