[Advaita-l] Was Shankaracharya a Vaishnava??

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 03:28:41 EDT 2020

True. So to answer the original question - was Shankaracharya a vaiShNava -
the answer is, if anyone is to be called a vaiShNava, it is shankaracharya
and his adherents, because it is only in advaita that the vyutpatti of
विष्णु as व्यापनशील: achieves the fullness of meaning.

Kind regards,
Venkatraghavan