[Advaita-l] Advaitic ideas in Kshemendra's Bharata Manjari (Bhagavadgita part)

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 03:26:43 EDT 2020

Kshemendra, the 11th Century CE poet of renown from Kashmir has condensed
the entire Mahabharata in his own words in verse form under the name
'Bharata Manjari'. The 18 chapters of the Bhagavad Gita too are in this
book. The following Advaitic ideas are found in this Bh.Gita condensation:
See images of the original verses in the link here:
https://adbhutam.wordpress.com/2020/06/18/kshemendra-bharata-manjari-bh-gita-advaita/
2nd chapter: World is an illusion, Jiva - Ishwara abheda/identity.
10th chapter: Trimurti aikya
14th chapter: Jivanmukti
15th chapter: Jnani's vision is Nirguna darshana
Kshemendra has said in the above work: Even though I belong to a Shaiva
tradition, I have sought and taken 'Bhagavata Diksha' and am 'Narayanapara'.

regards
subbu