[Advaita-l] Japa Yajna for combating coronavirus

KAMESWARARAO MULA kamesh_ccmb at yahoo.co.in
Thu Mar 26 05:15:23 EDT 2020

Dear All,                I was advised to do the  sapta sati parayana during these navaratri's  with the samputikaran of the following sloka from the chapter 11.
since no way to go out from respective homes, one can easily do parayana/chant/listen of the 700 sloka's of the mother goddess to get rid of the mahammari diseases like corona.
Samputikaran:  Use/put the following sloka before each chapter & in samkalpa also.
रोगानशेषानपहंसि तुष्टा
रुष्टा* तु कामान् सकलानभीष्टान्।
त्वामाश्रितानां न विपन्नराणां
त्वामाश्रिता ह्याश्रयतां प्रयान्ति॥२९॥
Sri Guru Padaravindarpana Mastukameswara

    On Thursday, 26 March 2020 9:55:10 am IST, Jaldhar H. Vyas via Advaita-l <advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org> wrote:

 On Mon, 23 Mar 2020, Divya Meedin via Advaita-l wrote:

> As per the directive of Jagadguru Sri Mahasannidhanam and Jagadguru Sri
> Sannidhanam, all Guru bandhus are requested to undertake the attached
> Sankalpa and chant the Durga Parameshwari Stotram as many times as possible
> for the welfare of entire humanity in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.

> On Sun, 22 Mar, 2020, 11:14 Divya Meedin, <divyameedin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> As per the benevolent orders of Jagadguru Śrī Kāñcī-Kāmakoṭi-Pīṭhādhipati
>> Śrī Śaṅkara Vijayendra Saraswatī Swāmigal,̤ these ślokas have been compiled
>> for people across the world to chant, for the purpose of Loka Kṣemam.
>> Specifically, we should do Japa of the names of Bhagāvan mentioned in these
>> ślokas.

Thank you so much for posting these.  I was going to respond to Kartik
saying that under the current circumstances, a yajna involving a large
gathering might not be a good idea but parayana is an option.  It looks
like our mahatmas were already prepared with guidance.