[Advaita-l] शास्त्रविधानस्य उत्सृजनम् (BG 17.1)

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 07:01:18 EDT 2020

Namaste.

Under

<< Sri Krishna mentions that the three categories of persons are to be
identified by their acts. He proceeds to cover various acts in the
succeeding verses. The verse 17-3 cited by you concerns one type of act
namely yagna performed by  one of these three categories, namely tAmasik.
The word  श्रद्धाविरहितं (shraddhAvirahitaM) therein is to be understood as
* casual/disinterested * (अश्रध्धा/ ashradhdhA  is the explanatory word in
kannada used by Sri SSS) >>,

Please read 17-13 for 17-3.

Regards