[Advaita-l] A replica of Adhyasa Bhashya in the Gita Bhashya13.26

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Fri May 1 00:08:27 EDT 2020

On Fri, May 1, 2020 at 1:51 AM Venkatraghavan S via Advaita-l <

> Namaste Raghav ji,
>

> One clearly cannot say jnAnAbhAva gave rise to the adhyAsa, because katham
> asata: sajjAyeta? (As AchArya says here
> itself तस्य यथोक्तसम्यग्दर्शनविरोधात् अपगच्छति मिथ्याज्ञानम् - how will an
> absence go? Ergo it cannot be an absence).

Yes, we see this expression multiple times in the prasthanatraya
bhashya:  अन्यथा
हि अभावाद्भावोत्पत्तिरिति सर्वप्रमाणव्याकोप इति ।  A bhaava vastu (exitent
entity) arising from abhaava (non-existence) is not conducive to pramana
jnana, that is, such a situation cannot be yathartha.

regards
subbu