[Advaita-l] A replica of Adhyasa Bhashya in the Gita Bhashya13.26 (V Subrahmanian)

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Sat May 2 11:11:27 EDT 2020

Namaste Chandramouliji, and others,
Mixing replies in one mail...

> If Sri Ramanujacharya has indeed taken pains to refute it, that is proof
> enough that it is part of Advaita Sidhanta !!

This is perfect. :-)

If ignorance covers/veils Chaitanya then we are faced with the
> paradox of knowledge compromised and powerless to overcome that which veils
> it - I believe Ramanuja might have called that Tirodhananupapatti,

I didn't want to get back into the thread with mithyAtva completely
misunderstood and popping up every now and then, across years, on this very
list, no less!  There is a paradox with mithyA undoubtedly as its
anirvachanIya. That knowledge is powerless that which veils it is
anubhavasiddha to everyone, but such knowledge is not shuddha-chaitanya, as
it is opposed to nothing; there is nothing other than it at the same level
of reality to be opposed to either. The kind of knowledge/jnAna that is
opposed to ajnAna (I won't use the term ignorance as it gives the wrong
sense of absence of something while it is not so as absence is powerless in
every which way) is the vRitti-jnAna and, therefore, unless it is powerful
enough to oppose the virodhArthe na~n ajnAna, it will remain powerless. The
entire journey is to make it powerful enough to take away ajnAna
completely. A non-existent ajnAna can not be taken away, let alone have a
need to be taken away! mokSha would become impossible in such a case and
equally worse, one would have nothing against shUnyavAda as apparently
something can come from nothing, if not become a shUnyavAdin oneself
unknowingly!

gurupAdukAbhyAm,
--Praveen R. Bhat
That owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */