[Advaita-l] A replica of Adhyasa Bhashya in the Gita Bhashya13.26

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Sun May 3 02:41:22 EDT 2020

Raghav Ji,

Namaste.

“अविवेक” (aviveka) is “जीव ईश्वर ब्रह्म भेद अध्यास” (jIva Ishvara brahma
bheda adhyAsa) while “विवेक” (viveka) is “जीव ईश्वर ब्रह्म अभेद ज्ञान”
(jIva Ishvara brahma abheda j~nAna). This aviveka or adhyAsa is the cause
for all samsAra. This is so according to both the gItA bhAshya as well as
adyAsa bhAshya. There is no contradiction between the two.

Brahman (Chaitanya) being selfreplendent, this adhyAsa cannot be caused
unless there is veiling or covering, partially though, of Brahman. That is
why this veil, mUla-ajnAna, is considered to be bhAvarUpa. And such a
veiling of Chaitanya is not selfcontradictory because the veil is revealed
or illumined by the Chaitanya itself. Common illustration is that of the
veiling of Sun by clouds. Though sun is veiled by the clouds, the existence
of clouds itself is revealed  by the presence of the Sun only.
Regards

On Sun, May 3, 2020 at 1:46 AM Venkatraghavan S via Advaita-l <

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>