[Advaita-l] A replica of Adhyasa Bhashya in the Gita Bhashya13.26 (V Subrahmanian)

Kuntimaddi Sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Sun May 3 10:51:51 EDT 2020

PraNAms

Just some clarification based on my understanding.

Shree Ramanuja's seven untenable against avidya discussed in Advaita does not include Tirodhananupapatti. Interestingly Ramanuja alsoresorts to avidya as the basis for jeeva cycle of birth and death. However, heinterprets the avidya as the lack of knowledge of shesha-sheshi bhaava for the jeeva, which is the recognition that Iswara is all-pervading andall-controlling while Jeeva is only a small amsha of the Iswara'sshareera.

Advait Siddhi mostly counters I think the Dwaitin's arguments in Nayaamrutamusing Navya Nvyanaaya, using vikalpas.

In Vishishtaadvaita, it is Vedanta Deshika that presented'Satadhuushani' where he uses Navya Nyaaya type of arguments. Vedanta Deshikais around the same time as Shree Vidyaranya Swami.

Hari Om!

Sadananda