[Advaita-l] jIvanmukti (liberation right in this life) - A State or Status

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed May 6 02:52:05 EDT 2020

But believe me that those teachers even coined terms like one achieving "Self-realization but with *pratibandhaka-*s." I wonder if Shakara ever said that there can be "Self-realization" if '*pratibandhaka-*s' continue to be present.

praNAms Sri Ramesam Vemuri prabhuji
Hare Krishna

The justification for this pratibandhaka is from bruhad bhAshya 1-4-10 where bhAshyakAra talks about vipareeta pratyaya avabhAsa which could be there and it might be the cause of vipareeta pratyaya bhrAntiM...shankara gives the example of digparyaya vibhrama, sometimes,  for those who despite know this very well.  4-1-15 in sUtra bhAshya too relevant here.  We have discussed these references earlier as well...

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar