[Advaita-l] 'Sarva-shunya' is impossible!

Kuntimaddi Sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Mon May 25 11:05:23 EDT 2020

Chandramouliji PraNAms

After reading through what you wrote,I feel that what you mentioned is not different from what I wrote. I might nothave used the same language in relation to the mind in the deep sleepstate.

 Laya does involve the dissolution ofvritti jnaanam that involves subject-object duality or triad. I called the mindin the deep-sleep state as it is in a subtler state, perhaps somewhat close tomodern psychologists’ term subconscious mind. The mind is folded onlymeans there is no more vRitti jnaanam.

 The experience during fullanesthesia or coma happens when the mind goes ever subtler state. I had thatexperience recently and in contrast to the sleep experience where the mindfeels relaxed after that, in a coma even that experience for recollection is notthere. These are observations or anubhava.

 In the deep sleep state, the mindresolves into the kaarna shareera or causal state only implies that the mind isthere with a complete absence of all vRitti jnanam or subject-object duality.This is in contrast to the state of the mind of a jeevan mukta. Happiness isexperienced not only during deep sleep but also during waking stage when intensedesire is fulfilled. In those moments there are no duality or subject-objectvritti jnaanam. Scriptures say even a spec of duality causes fear.

 The fact that jeeva is alive impliesthat there is mind and chidaabhaasa are there– in the language of Swami Paramarthandajiwe have saakshii (OC), we have reflecting medium RM and chidabhaasa (RC).

 Jeevan mukta is one who understood usinghis mind that mind with vritti jnaanam or subject-object duality is not the reality.He is pure saaskhee that enlivens (chidaabhaasa) the mind and body via the mind.

 When Jeevan mukta leaves the body, thebody merges with virat, the mind with Hiranya garbha and the intellect with Iswara– the macro entities discussed in Manduka. When Jeevan mukta ‘as though’ mergeswith the totality, which was indicated before as saakshee.

 On the other hand, for the one whohas not realized the subtle body with pranaas, etc., leaves the gross body insearch of a new gross body. During that transmigration also the mind is therein a subtler form seeking a loka.

 This is also what I understood fromthe 11th Ch of Panchadashi and had written series of articles on ‘whoslept very well’ and posted a couple of years ago.

 I see self-consistency in all these.

 This is also what Shree Subbuji wasalso implying, as I understood.

 One can describe this in a differentlanguage, but the essence is the same.
 Hari Om!Sadananda