[Advaita-l] Questions on the blessed Isa Upanishad

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 06:12:54 EST 2020

Namaste.

The instructions in the first verse of IsAvAsya is meant for a sAdhaka who
is a sAdhanachatushtaya sampanna and is a tIvra mumukshu. He has no other
Goal in life other than Realizing the Truth. The verse addressing him
states that the entire Creation, including all sentient and insensient
entities, should be realized as nothing but  his own Innermost Self, which
is The Lord. Since everything is one’s own Self, the question of desiring
for any object does not arise. This is in answer to the questions  raised
by Kartik Ji.

The second verse is meant for people like the ones covered in the last
question of Kartik Ji as well as the ones illustrated in the post by
Srinivasa gadkari Ji. The first verse is not intended for them.

My understanding in brief.
Regards

On Fri, Nov 27, 2020 at 2:04 AM Jaldhar H. Vyas via Advaita-l <