[Advaita-l] ***SPAM*** Vijayendra tirthas reply to appaya

Raghav Kumar Dwivedula raghavkumar00 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 12:00:40 EDT 2020

Namaste Venkatesh Murthy ji

On Thu, 1 Oct, 2020, 9:01 PM Venkatesh Murthy via Advaita-l, <

> Namaste
>

> I have tried to argue with them (dvaitins) but they are not following any
> rules of
> debate and are very cunning in twisting the texts of Upanishads, Vedas, and
> Brahma Sutras to mean whatever they want.

It's sad to see that they distort shruti to such an extent. I appreciate
your sincerity in engaging with them.

It is useless to argue against
> them. My suggestion is Dont waste time with them but study Advaita only.

You genuine suggestion to focus purely on Advaita is logical.

 I understand that Sri Kaushik feels hurt by the derogatory/ condescending
references by dvaitins to Parameshwara Shiva. That is why he wishes to know
if the dvaita objections have been dismissed or are they still standing.

I am reminded of a related point about what a "Bhakta" is, in psychological
terms, from what Swami Dayananda Saraswati Ji would teach. He would explain
that the connection between a Bhakta and Bhagavan is deeper than any other
role a human may play in his life. That bhakta is the basic or core person
who plays various changing roles like husband, wife, father, son, brother,
mother, sister, employee etc. These roles played in life change but the
basic conscious being who plays these impermanent roles, is the bhakta, who
is intrinsically and always, related to Ishvara like even a tree is
intrinsically connected to the forest.

Now, when someone attacks or abuses that role, the basic person, the
bhakta, or demeans his Ishvara, then the innermost aspect of the person is
affected - it is violence of a very damaging kind. That is why Christian
proselytizing for 'converting' Hindus, is a blatantly *violent act* which
hurts Hindus at a very deep level.

Until Advaita is well-appreciated, a similar hurt is sustained by many
bhaktas when the dvaitins abuse the Gurus like Shankara bhagavatpAda or
speak condescendingly of Bhagavan Shiva. The wound sustained by a Shiva
bhakta or Guru bhakts is likely to be quite deep. The bhakta is vulnerable,
till advaita understanding is reached.

After Advaita appreciation is clear, the dvaita arguments will seem crazy
and incredible. The advaitin may still amuse himself with trying to frame
some counter arguments. Or he may ignore them, since they don't make any
impression on him.

Om
Raghav