[Advaita-l] Rudra and ambica

Raghav Kumar Dwivedula raghavkumar00 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 00:14:12 EDT 2020

Namaste
There is also a cross reference to the mantra - "शरद्वा अस्य अम्बिका
स्वसा,  तया वा एष हिनस्ति " ( braahmaNa kANDa 1.6.10 quoted by Sayanacharya)

And the explanation -
शरत्‍कालो हि पीनस-ज्वराद्युत्पादनेन हिंसक: , तद्वदियमम्बिका हिंसिका, ततः
शरदित्युच्यते |एष रूद्र : तयैव सहायभूतया प्राणिनं हिनस्ति |

The autumn season (AmbikA) causes suffering by producing colds and fevers.
Shiva with the assistance of Autumn (Ambika), causes living beings to
suffer (i.e., on account of their karma.)

(The idea is to worship of Shiva and these afflictions are then mitigated.)

Om
Raghav

On Sun, 11 Oct, 2020, 11:20 PM Venkatraghavan S via Advaita-l, <