[Advaita-l] Mandukya UP - Praviviktabhuk definition

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 02:24:56 EDT 2020

On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 12:38 AM Jaldhar H. Vyas via Advaita-l <
advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org> wrote

<<  I would translate praviviktabhukta as "experiencing [literally
'enjoying']
alone"  >>,

Namaste.

Would not substituting the word  “ oneself “  for  “alone”  in the above
convey the understanding better.

This would also translate to substituting the word  “ oneself “  for “atma”
in the following cited from the same post.

<<  atma in the taijasa or dream mode also experiences through seven limbs
and
nineteen mouths but it, the atma alone is the creator and source of
phenomena  >>

I am not sure though if this is your intent. However it approximates to my
understanding of the position.
Regards