[Advaita-l] Maya and Avidya

sreenivasa murthy narayana145 at yahoo.co.in
Tue Sep 15 03:18:44 EDT 2020

 Dear Sri Ramesh Ramanan,
 What  you  have  written  has  resonated  within  my  heart.  Thank you very much,With warm regards,
Sreenivasa Murthy,

    On Tuesday, 15 September, 2020, 5:57:37 am GMT+1, RAMESH RAMANAN via Advaita-l <advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org> wrote:

  Dear Sreenivasa Murthy,
Prranams,
I have been following your learned posts with keen interest. According to my limited understanding, the mind or ego itself is the Jiva. In deep sleep, there is neither ego nor mind nor jiva. In that state, the ego or the mind subsides unconsciously into the Self or Pure Consciousness, which is termed as Atman in Sanskrit. In the waking state, the ego/mind arises from the Pure Consciousness and all the worldly vyavaharaa begins to entangle this ego in various bonds. This is the samsaara bandham of the ego. Hope my understanding is correct. Thanks and regards, Ramesh Ramanan.    On Tuesday, 15 September 2020, 08:49:13 GMT+5:30, sreenivasa murthy via Advaita-l <advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org> wrote:

  Dear Smallpress,You write : "Would it be right to say the way the mind of Jiva works to project the world"I  have  a  doubt.
It is : is  there  a  jiva  separate  from  mind?
I  request  you  to  clear  the  doubt.
With respectful regards,Sreenivasa Murthy