[Advaita-l] Maya and Avidya

Bhaskara v Advaith sunshines.bhaskara at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 05:57:18 EDT 2020

Namaste,

Have no expertise in marathi language but is it right to search for the
original meaning of Maya in any local language.
We know that most of the Indian local languages have their roots in
Sanskrit. Certainly Maya doesn't mean "motherly love" in Kannada.

And also if we see, technically (not in terms of saguna brahma and bhakti
marga but in pure advithic way) maya has its origin before panchikarana so
there is no gross body with out gross body is it right to assign gender to
maya or for that matter can we assign gender to Ishvara and Brahman.
Doesn't Brahman and Ishvara are beyond gender ?

ಗುರು, ಸೆಪ್ಟೆಂ 17, 2020 ರಂದು 11:33 ಪೂರ್ವಾಹ್ನ ಸಮಯಕ್ಕೆ ರಂದು V Subrahmanian via
Advaita-l <advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org> ಅವರು ಬರೆದಿದ್ದಾರೆ: