[Advaita-l] Bagavatham

smallpress smallpress at ymail.com
Thu Sep 17 21:33:47 EDT 2020

 I may not be entirely correct but I have been listening to the mandukya upanishad and Gaudpada’s karika for several months now and also studying it. The podcast is by Swami Tattvamayananda of Ramkrishna Mutt. He specifically says this karika was a an Advaitic response to Buddists and Atheists. Atheist in this context, in Vedanta, does not mean no-god but only they do not accept the authority of the Vedas. Therefore in his karika he sticks to reasoning only. The last prakarana, chapter?, in fact is all about the sankhya philosophy and other buddhist arguments denying the concept of a witness, or Brhmam
Soma