[Advaita-l] Velocity of the planets as told by Aryabhata

Srirudra srirudra at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 11:15:04 EDT 2020

Dears
We ( our forefathers)were knowing the Helio centric model .If one goes to any temple and go to the Navagrahas sannadhi one will find Surya in the centre of the other eight planets .The other eight will be placed round the Sun.Earth was not forming part of Grahas.Surya was also considered a graham only because of its apparent motion in the sky as observed from the earth.Earth was considered stationary and its motion was transferred to the Sun.This path of apparent motion of the Sun with Earth as centre is called the ecliptic.We should feel proud of our ancestors as they deduced these things by sheer observation and minute calculations without aid of telescopes .
R.Krishnamoorthy.

Sent from my iPad