[Advaita-l] Making efforts is itself due to divine grace

Raghav Kumar Dwivedula raghavkumar00 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 03:53:40 EDT 2020

Sri Ramana Maharshi on how making efforts towards self-knowledge, is itself
due to grace. The results follow automatically.

Maharshi: Will-power or any other is gained by practice (abhyasa).

D.: Is success not dependent on Guru’s Grace?

M.: Yes, it is.
Is not your practice itself due to such Grace?

The fruits are  the result of the practice and follow it automatically.
There is a stanza  in Kaivalya Navaneetam which says, “O Guru! You have
been always with me
watching me through several reincarnations, and ordaining my course
until I was liberated.”

The Self manifests externally as Guru when  occasion arises;
otherwise He is always within,
doing the needful.

~ Talks with Sri Ramana Maharshi (425)