[Advaita-l] Sri Nochur Swami - Be - A profound message in Tamil, just 3 minutes

Raghav Kumar Dwivedula raghavkumar00 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 05:52:07 EDT 2021

Namaste

There is a nice account of Sri Tinnai Swami here.

https://www.arunachalasamudra.org/tinnaiswami.html

Assuming it is authentic, it validates the role of the nivRtti mArga
lifestyle. The aforesaid Sri Tinnai Swami did not merely "mentally
renounce" and continue in his biochemist profession. Rather, he took
Bhagavan's words, "iru" (just be)  literally and immediately ceased all his
other professional and monetary pursuits and presumably remained steadfast
in self-abidance.

 Its more popular to interpret things to mean we can continue to do
everything as before and the paripakva-GYAnam which gives jIvanmukti will
still arise. And so its all business as usual - through the back door. No
external changes in lifestyle and priorities occurs.

Yama's powerful words "dUramete viparIte vishUcI avidyA yA ca vidyeti
GYAtA" is smartly explained away so as to not require stepping outside
one's comfort zone.

The distinction between GYAnam and then nivRtti mArga culminating in
paripakva-GYAnam (or avagati) is accepted by Sri Shankara himself.

Om
Raghav

On Thu, 15 Apr, 2021, 6:15 pm H S Chandramouli via Advaita-l, <