[Advaita-l] Chronology and Traceability

Anand N anand.natampalli at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 04:14:20 EDT 2021

Dear Subbu and Raghavji,

I agree with the line of thought. Ours is a living and lived tradition, so
documentation is probably rare to find.
So the wishful thinking on my part that I could see the clear development
of one form of God, as Subbuji put it in a chart or
with clear references to each text that may have mentioned it, is probably
tough to find.

If we stretch this idea, I was thinking for e.g. in the last century we
have had great sages, one such being
Vashishta Ganapati Muni. He has composed several works on Goddesses for
e.g. Indrani, Uma, Renuka etc ( I personally did not know the
existence of Indrani or Renuka or other Goddesses being mentioned in these
works)
Or his own student Brahmarishi Devavrata has composed a work Chando
Darshana which is considered to be similar to Rg Veda.
These great souls or their works do not have so much attention now.

To extend or extrapolate what you were saying, we could say that these
works and the Gods and Goddesses being adored in their works
could come in vogue in the next hundred years or so, depending on what the
Acharyas/Shishtas at that period influence.

Your thoughts, comments are welcome :-)

Om Namo Narayanaya,
Anand

On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 at 02:34, Raghav Kumar Dwivedula via Advaita-l <