[Advaita-l] KING JANAKA

KAMESWARARAO MULA kamesh_ccmb at yahoo.co.in
Thu Aug 12 01:22:42 EDT 2021

Dear Friends,                        some times back when we were discussing the importance of physical body & mae offspring's importance, Sh. YR Bhaskarji mentions to me that 'Can we identifiy Brahmman's role in King Janaka' and the knowledge  he wants to covay to the generations. In principle I agreed to that , but after that I digged out some literature and listend to Brahmma Sri Malladi Chandra sekhara Sastry prvachanam on Ramayana Maha Kavyam, learnt many interesting thing with references.
Accrodingly,                   Janaka is a family name comes from Nimi chakravarthi followed by Mithi Mithi built Mithila and when Mithi was performing a Yagna, he fells down inbetween the yagna completed, so a fire (Arani) brought and did 'Madhanam' in the body with mantras there by giving birth to Janaka (who has not borned in mother's womb) and borned without any role of any woman.
Janaka's family continues from there to generations upto 'Hraswadwaja' who has givne brith to 1. Ksheera Dwaja (Sita's father-janaka king) & 2. Kusha Dwaja. Ulitmately all of his ancessosts are janaka's only being borned from Arani.
Apartfrom this: i read in valimiki ramayana, Rama himself performs the final rites of 'Jatayu' and it was mentioed to his brother sampathi before ocean crossing by Hanuman
There is one Jatayu Nature park at Kollam district in kerala and there also it was mentioned.
When Rama did the final rites for a bird who helped to him in telling the kidnapping sita by Ravana, definetly he might have performed the final rites of his father-inlaw i.e King Janaka. Being Narayana swarupa what else required for a brahmman King Janaka.
In general Purta is some one who makes you not be broned again i.e who makes the way to get red off the brith-death cycle and if some one doesn't have sons, then the job can be replaced by Dauhitra (daughter's son)
Sita got married in the 6th year being the parashakti after she was digged in the soil at Mithila
He also mentions that , according to Bharadwaja Ramayana, after sita's Marriage, Janaka also got a male child named 'Lakshmi Nidhi' in the old age which removed my doubts of the pitru tarpana.

Here is the link : if someone has time &  understand telugu, pls listens to pravachanam on Srimad Ramayanam (all parts).what a beauty with so many hidden secrets.Srimad Ramayanam by Malladi Chandrasekhara Sastry - Part 8  (Telugu language)

Sri Guru Padaravindarpana MastuKameswara