[Advaita-l] A PRAYER

sreenivasa murthy narayana145 at yahoo.co.in
Tue Aug 24 12:27:37 EDT 2021

Dear friends,
Study the poem and be blissful if you wish.Quote: PRAYER TO ATMAN

I meditate on the Lord, who isShiva, ever-auspicious, ever-present, the Light of Consciousness, immediate,direct, who is my very truth, my very Self, in whose presence all this isillumined, who is indestructible and changeless, ever unaffected – even as theSun is ever unaffceted by all that is illumined in its presence.
I meditate on the Lord, the Lightof Consciousness, who is changeless, who is my very self, sat-cit-ananda,formless, limitless and all-pervading, in whom this whole Universe comes intobeing, is sustained and goes back – even as wave arises in water, is sustainedby water and goes back to water – in truth the wave has no independent existence– it is water.
I meditate on the Lord, the Lightof Consciousness, who is my changless Self, ever endowed as though withindescribable Power- boundless, all- knowledge, infinite all-intelligent energythat manifests as the oceans, the all-pervading space, the blue blue sky, thebirds, the tress, the grass, the ants,  the gloriouscolours of the rising and setting sun, the ocean waves smashing against rocks,the tender coconuts in the coconut trees.
I meditate on that changelesstruth of myself, the Light of Consciousness, more brilliant than a thousandsuns, whose inscrutable Power is manifest as the extraordinary, wondrous,all-intelligent, all- pervading Order that pervades the subtle and grossworlds.
Unto that formless, ever-Pure,Light of Consciousness, my very self, who manifests as this physical body – mysalutations – namah – my surrender.
Unto that formless, ever-Pure,Light of Consciousness, that is my very Self, who is ever changeless, direct,immediate, manifest as this mind with its capacities to feel, to doubts, toemote – namah.
Unto that formless, ever-Pure,Light of Consciousness, whose inscrutable Power manifests as all memory – unconscious,sub-conscious, conscious – namah.
Unto that Light of Consciousness,who is ever my Truth, Changeless and Pure, direct and immeidate, whoseinscrutable all-intelligent Power is manifest as this ahankara and primordialignorance – namah.
Unto that Light of Consciousness,who is ever my Truth, Changeless and Pure, of the very nature of ananda, beingawake to whom I resolve in fulfilment – namah.
Unto that Light of Consciousness,who is the changeless Truth of myself, in whose presence all changes in thisbody, mind as well as the world is illumined – namah.
Unto that Light of Consciousness,who is Tattva – changeless, pure and ever auspicious, whole and complete, who byHis Own Inscrutable Power is manifest as the very intelligent Power thatpervades this body and jagat, gross and subtle – namah.
Unto that Light of Consciousnesswho is the very Self, changless, Pure, ever Auspicious, whole, complete –   namah – my surrender.                                  Om Tat Sat
Unquote.
With respectful namaskars,Sreenivasa Murthy