[Advaita-l] An article in Kannada – Reply to Sri Bannanje Govindacharya’s views

Raghav Kumar Dwivedula raghavkumar00 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 07:38:16 EST 2021

Namaste Subbu ji
With my limited knowledge of the kannada script based on similarity to
Telugu, I could understand the initial argument viz., Sri Bannanje G is
saying that

 "Only Madhva has emphasized the primacy of " anubhava" (experience) in
arriving at the truth; there is no need to accept even what is in the Vedas
if it contradicts "anubhavam". Why do you people (advaitins)  claim " I am
brahman" when it contradicts your anubhava, and go around proclaiming this
blatant lie?"

Apart from the obvious misrepresentation and misunderstanding of advaita
and ignoring numerous references in advaita to anubhavam GYAnam, I wonder
what he says about how many common folks have had the 'anubhavam' of Sri
Krishna, particularly the anubhavam of the inferior status of other forms
of Ishvara etc.?

I had assumed Sri Bannanje G was somewhat more coherent than this?

Om
Raghav

On Thu, 14 Jan, 2021, 4:25 pm V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l, <